There are few things better than a good crock pot chili. It’s extraordinarily easy to make, tastes great, is healthy and hits all my macros and it can provide meals for a weeks work of lunches easily.
This Spicy Jalapeño Crock Pot Chili below is amazing stuff!
Get A Head Start
I usually prep my chili the night before by placing all my ingredients in the crock pot dish, giving it a mix and refrigerating it until the next morning. If you’re a morning person you can easily prep morning of as well.
If you want tamer chili, just cut the jalapeño and cayenne in half or eliminate them completely. If you need an even stronger kick habenero peppers can be used in place of the jalapeños.
Blend Those Beans
The secret to a smooth, creamy and hearty chili is blending some of the ingredients into a smooth paste. I blend half the beans, tomato and onion into a paste that cooks up into an incredibly hearty chili base.
This recipe yields about 16 servings which is enough for my wife and I to get a weeks worth of lunches. You’re going to want a 6 qt. crock pot to accommodate everything.
Spicy Jalapeño Crock Pot Chili
- 4 tbsps chili powder
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 1/2 lbs ground beef or turkey
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 jalapeño chilies
- 1 tbsp salt
- 30 ozs diced tomatoes
- 2 x 16 ozs pinto beans
- 2 x 16 ozs kidney beans
- 6 ozs grating cheese
- Brown the meat: Be sure to drain as much of the fat as possible, it will keep the chili’s greasiness to a minimum and keep fat content down.
- Add all the chili seasoning spices together and mix.
- Chop the onion and add one half to blender.
- Take one can of kidney beans, one can of pinto beans and half of tomato and put them in the blender with onion and blend until smooth.
- Add spice mix, meat, bean mixture, remaining onion, garlic and salt to crock pot and cook on low for 4-10 hours.
- When ready, turn off heat and let sit for 30 minutes. Add remaining salt to taste.
- Garnish with cheese, fresh onion and fresh jalapeño
|Calories 560||Calories from Fat 110|
|Total Fat 12g||18%|
|Saturated Fat 4.5g||23%|
|Trans Fat 0.5g|
|Total Carbohydrate 75g||25%|
|Dietary Fiber 19g||76%|
Tried this recipe? Tell me what you thought in the comments!